31 August 2011

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~


I haven't been knitting as much as I would like lately.  So little time!  And it's been so hot this summer that yarn seems a bit miserable.  But I was re-inspired when I picked up a few knitting books at the library recently.  Knitting Green by Ann Budd has some super cute patterns!  (Oh my!  The bike basket pattern is insanely cute!!)

I had a skein of Malabrigo wool that was calling my name, so I am making the Market Bag pattern.  It has a few new-to-me techniques, so that is making is extra fun.  I have finally learned how to "pick up" stitches.  It's so much easier than I thought it would be!  This really is a fun knit.  I am not convinced that wool was the best choice of fiber, but this Malabrigo is so delightful to work with, that I really don't care that it is less than ideal for the project.

What are you knitting and reading?  Pop over to Ginny's place for more Yarn Alongs!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to see it finished!! you just dont know how excited i am..ive got my first malabrigo order on its way !!!!! yahoo!!

Sarah said...

Ohangelina -- you will love the Malabrigo!! If I ever finish my bag, I'll post pics!

Katie said...

I have not knitted anything in FOREVER. Hoping to do a fall project or two after we move :)

angie said...

malabrigo is one of my favorite yarns! So yummy! I've been the same way with knitting over the summer, just haven't had the urge much...ahhhhh but fall is coming.

pinkundine said...

That yarn looks so squishy. I've never tried Malabrigo, but it is definitely on my wishlist! Love the colour you're using.

I know what you mean about picking up stitches, I was amazed the first time I got it right that they aren't nearly as hard as I thought :)

Ellen said...

Oh, looking forward to seeing it finished. Love Malabrigo yarn. Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll have to look it up.

karen said...

I enjoy knitting with Malabrigo and I really like the color of green you have. It will be a beautiful market bag :)

Knitters Notebook said...

I really like the yarn..can't wait to see it finished.

~~Renee

Minding My Own Stitches said...

If you like the yarn and the way it's knitting up, then it's the perfect yarn choice :)

People laughed, but I made my first BYOB market bag with a silk and cotton blend. It was lovely to knit and lovely to use :)

Sam Findlay said...

This looks really good! I too have just learnt to pick up stitches and also found it easier than I thought, well mostly!! Can't wait to see your market bag finished!