16 August 2011

Time Marches On

Christopher started the Fourth Grade today.  I am in a bit of shock and disbelief.  How did he get so big?  Why, oh why, are his new gym shoes the same sizes as mine??

I am feeling a bit of nostalgia as well.  He walked into his new school today as the fourth generation of our family to be educated in those walls, by the Franciscan Sisters.  I was taught there, my dad was taught there, and my grandfather - Christopher's great grandfather, was taught there.  It's crazy really.

But, alas, times have changed since my grandpa was there.  My dad recounts a story of a little Izzy playing ball on the playground with his friends when the ball landed on the roof.  Being who he was (and he certainly passed this trait on), he asked the Sister if he could climb onto the roof to retrieve it.  Sister said yes, assuming that he meant the very much lower roof of the gym.  Poor sister then looked up to see him on the roof of the school.  If you are familiar with the school, you know that you never. ever. ever. want to look up and see a little boy up there.  It's really high.

But if you are familiar with my brother, you won't be surprised by this.  Can't you see him doing the same thing??

I am just hoping my son doesn't try this little stunt.

I am certain he will create his own St. Boniface memories to pass on and share.

No comments: