08 December 2008

Feast of the Immaculate Conception


Today is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Which also makes it "name day" for our Isabella Concetta. Some people have given us flack for giving our daughter a name that means "conception", but I think it is a beautiful name in honor of Our Lady and her sinless perfection. I love the idea of celebrating "name days" for our children, but so far have been terrible in execution. I think that today I will try to make a batch of brownies and dust them with powdered sugar -- white for purity. Yes, it's a bit more reminiscent of Martin Luther's snow covered dung heap, but it's the best I can do for today!! Or maybe I'll skip the brownies and just give them a bowl of powdered sugar?? For some better ideas to remember Our Lady today, check out Catholic Cuisine.


Our Lady, Conceived without Sin, Pray for Us!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Completely unrelated: I keep forgetting to tell you that Rachael, your doula, moved in right below us! When she was moving in she looked really familiar and then she said we took the same NFP class. Small world. She's the sweetest!