16 April 2012

Busy as Bees this Weekend

We had a busy,but fun-filled weekend.  Grace was thrilled to be invited to her new friends roller skating birthday party.  She had never been roller skating before, so it was quite an adventure.



Sunday we went to the annual "Bug Bowl" at Purdue.  There are many educational and cultural benefits to living next to a University and Bug Bowl is one of them!  We all learned so much and had a really great time.  Bella was even chosen to be a Cockroach Jockey at the Cockroach Races!  She was too shy to go up on her own, so I had to join her.


Andrew discovered the PU Butcher Shop and bought a stash of beef jerky.  Avila approved :)

We also learned all about beekeeping, something we have been pining over for a while now.  It just might be time to jump on the bandwagon.  Purdue offers wealth of information to the aspiring beekeeper as well!

M exciting score of the day was when I convinced Andrew to attend the sheep shearing demo and ask if he could have the wool (for his crazy wife).  We smelled like barn for the rest of the day as we hauled our enormous stash of wool around, but it was totally worth it!

Sunday evening we attended a fundraiser dinner for the Wabash Valley Youth Symphony.  It's an annual dinner held at a locally owned Indian restaurant.  The food is amazingly yummy AND they do free henna!  Annie and Martin went with us and we had so much fun.  The henna girl had to yell at me once for laughing too much and thus shaking and making her job a little more difficult.  


2 comments:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Ugh, bee keeping is one thing I have absolutely zero interest in. Who wants to build up a tolerance to bee stings?! *shudder*

I love my henna so much I want it tattooed on me forever! But not on my old person hands.... Maybe on my foot!
(not really. I like needles in the same way I like bee stings. *double shudder*) thanks for taking us!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Ugh, bee keeping is one thing I have absolutely zero interest in. Who wants to build up a tolerance to bee stings?! *shudder*

I love my henna so much I want it tattooed on me forever! But not on my old person hands.... Maybe on my foot!
(not really. I like needles in the same way I like bee stings. *double shudder*) thanks for taking us!