27 January 2012

Seven Quick Takes



I
Not long ago, my sister wrote about savoring the quiet days at home with her little girls.  I absolutely know what she's talking about.  Except I'm half way on the other side.  I swear I used to have a nine year old boy around here, but I am starting to forget what he looks like . . . . yep, life gets busy.

II.
It's ill-advised to promise your kids a yummy treat without first checking to be certain your pantry holds all of the needed ingredients.  But necessity is the mother of invention, right?  Did you know that you can make make powdered sugar in your coffee grinder?  Yeppers.  Just grind up your regular sugar and add a bit of cornstarch.  Not quiet the really thing, but it will do in a pinch!

III.
?operw[pqwlfev ;lejefbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

IV
Quick Take Three, courtesy of Avila.  She's into everything these days.  And talking a bit.  She says "'Ol' me! 'ol' me!" and makes this weird milking-a-cow gesture at me when she wants to nurse.

It's not doing much for my self-image.
 Double-fisted chocolate delight.

V.
I had a revelation the other day as to why PeterXavier is still not reading.  He's only 5 1/2, so I am certainly not concerned.  It's just that he so wants to be able.  Then I realized that the basic premise of reading is learning, applying, and following rules.  Well, shoot.  He may never learn!  "Rule Following" isn't in his make up.  I may have to take a different approach with this one!
(Sort of like his Uncle John who, in this picture, is wearing a cowl on his head!)
IV.
I'm hosting a giveaway!  Don't forget to enter to win!  It's easy and fun and the gloves are darn cute :)
Childrens Fingerless Gloves Mittens Navy Blue 2 to 6 years

VII.
Seven's a big number . . . .I'm fresh out of ideas.


No comments: