08 May 2011

Mother's Day

Happy, Happy Mother's Day, particularly to my own mother!

We had a lovely picnic at a park this evening and, typical, I got zero pictures of my mother!  She's probably pleased with that (she shouldn't be).

But I got a few shots of her favorite people, so that's the consolation.



Greta stayed for the party because of the great food.  She and her Uncle Andrew get along pretty well.

Since my mom dodged the camera, I'll leave you with this pic of my dad.

The most important person on earth is a mother. She can't claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral: a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body. God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation. What...is more glorious than this: to be a mother?~Joseph Cardinal Mindszenty

2 comments:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

I love, love, love that picture of grace and Anja!!!

Sharon Antonio said...

This is one of my favorite quotes. You are a wonderful daughter.