15 September 2009

Pre-Vacay Vacay

Here we are in this hotel in Indianapolis for our "pre-vacation" (next week, we are going on a mega-vacay with my parents!) for the week while Andrew is in training at the Indy Ivy Tech campus. The kids and I are just enjoying free cable, free breakfast, and a swimming pool. We met Andrew for a picnic lunch today, went for a swim, and now the kiddies are relaxing with some quality (ha!) TV time.

One of the joys of unschooling is the premise that "learning takes place everywhere" and, therefore, trips like this are prime learning experiences. Right?? Yesterday, the kids and I were at the pool and the sign said:

"Hours--9:00AM-10:00PM"

Christopher read it allowed and said:

"Whores at nine AM? What does that mean?"

Yes, we are learning all the time!

3 comments:

Katie said...

LOL, that's so funny! Have fun on vacation!

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

Hmm.. You might wanna look at Christopher's quote again.. I doubt he said "WHORES" at 9am.. LOL Tho maybe it's a different kind of pool.. LOL!

Laurasuz said...

hahah!! I read this to Dan bc it made me laugh so hard.